Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Photogram Ideas

 


Hey! So I’ve got this project in my photo class. I’m taking film photography so we get to use the dark room and all that jazz. Anyway, I am not a photographer at all but I’m required to take the class for my degree. We’re doing these things called photograms tomorrow. Basically, we put the our light sensitive paper out, put whatever we want over it, and then shine the light on it. Wherever something is, the light won’t be able to reach the paper. Therefore, wherever the light can’t reach it will print up white and where the light does reach it’ll print up dark. Like making our own negative. Does that make sense?
A lot of the examples I’ve looked at online use scissor, keys, flowers, leaves, etc. My idea is a little different, so I don’t know if it’ll actually work. Anyway, this is my sketch thus far. I like working with organic shapes, so I figured thats what I’d do here. My idea is to use the thin paper, that way, when the light shins on it, only some light will get through, hopefully making a gray shade. However where the drawing is, hopefully, no light will go through. This could go horribly wrong and just fail all together. We’ll see what happens though.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment