Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dilapidated Spaces Studies


These are some more recent studies. Today I was told to try and create the environment these figures will exists, rather than purely focusing on the figures.

The image to the left was just to see what kind of texture I could pull from the paper. The background is oil paint mixed with a large amount of paint thinner. I then dripped water around the edges and then dripped ink into the water puddles. The paper was kind of soggy from all the paint thinner and water, so it was easy to tear.

With the images I've been creating, I want to put them in dilapidated environments. I want that rotting wallpaper, musty smell, dirty walls, ripped up floors, etc. feel to the space. So basically I'm just seeing what I can do on my own.

The bottom image is my first go at a figure within a space. Not a hundred percent what I'm going for, but definitely on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment