Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Making 3D forms



So today I took this stuff called Great Stuff. It's an insulating foam sealant. I purposely bought the big gap filler that way I could get a lot out of it. The filled a nylon stoking with it.

The bottom left image was what it looked like after I filled it with Great Stuff and had molded it some to the shape I'm looking for. It took a few minutes to harden, but as it got firm, I went bak in and reworked the form so it would look more like what I was going for. Hopefully it looks somewhat like a figure. I

I want them to be similar to the images I've been drawing however in a physical form. The form is only 10 inches in length, if that. It is firm and hard now, however, it could not hold itself up unless I added some kind of stand to it.

Anyway, I'm rather happy with it thus far, considering I had no idea what I was doing.

Materials: Great Stuff, nylon stockings, and rubber gloves



No comments:

Post a Comment