Monday, September 10, 2012

Sketch Work: Lines and Forms Study

Today in my drawing class, I was discussing with my teach my ideas. She suggested pulling the lines in the back ground up front and then pulling images out of the lines I've made. If that makes sense.

It is clearly not a finished work, but this is it thus far.

Its all still a working progress, but I'm actually rather stoked about where this is going. I really like the idea of chance in work, which is kind of what's going on in this work. Something about it kind of reminds me of Jackson Pollock's work.

Once again, I took a pen cap to smear the ink all over. However, in the bottom righthand corner, I just poured it on there. Then I took white acrylic paint and dipped my mechanical pencil.

Materials: Printmaking paper, ink, and acrylic paint

No comments:

Post a Comment