Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In Progress Painting



This is what I'm currently working on. You can't tell right now but open space in the center will be a hot dog. I'm currently playing with the idea of food and what value we put on food. I understand the answer to that is relative. So in that case, I'll be working primarily from my own perspective.

The other day I went out to lunch and go a burger with my boyfriend. I couldn't finish the meal, so I just threw away the leftover. Later I was thinking about it and how to me, it wasn't a big deal to through the leftovers out, but to someone else in the world its a huge deal.

I've been thinking about how it is easier not to notice an issue when we don't see it. A girl in one of my classes put it as "out of sight, out of mind." Which I find rather true. It wasn't until I thought about the wastefulness of the situation that I felt bad and when I felt bad, I felt almost shameful.

I find it weird how people, such as myself, are able to waste so easily, yet there are people starving in this world. I find the whole thing completely ironic. So in this work I want to take both those elements and put them together in an image and see what happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment