Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fabian Marcaccio

I learned of Fabian Marcaccio last year when I first started playing around with textures and using fabric in my paintings. This year when I started pulling 3D tools into my work I thought of him and decided to do a bit more research on him. He is part of the Paintants Corporation. At the site you can find several images of his work. The textures he achieves in his work is amazing! I love how he not only brings a 3D aspect to his work but also, makes the work form to the space it is in. His paintings work as both paintings and sculptures, which is something I've been considering trying in my own work. He has the in some of his works I noticed how he was able to add in the collaging work of materials and develop a thickness to the painting but also allow for rendering of elements within the paintings. This is something I am trying to figure out how to add into my own work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment