Monday, April 22, 2013

People + Charcoal Prints






Again, I took the same print, however without the faces. This time, the goal was the make the viewer work of the image. In place of all names I put words such as Humans or People. As I said before, I did not feel it mattered who was on the cover of the magazine, which means it could be anyone. However, I do not believe it is something noticed by everyone. Giving reason for why the viewer must work to see the image and understand the print. 

Process: I ran a black flat as the background first and allowed that to dry. I then ran the text print about 6-10 times to allow the ink to thicken. Right after running the second layer, I placed the print in a box and sprinkled powered charcoal over the entire image. I allowed that to sit over night. The next day I wold shake the excess powder from the print, leaving the image with an almost felt fabric appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment