Saturday, April 12, 2014

Beginning: Riley Deck

Deck design No. 2: Riley

Not sure where this one came from, but I'm actually really excited about it. Kind of a desert/ palm tree vibe going on. I'm taking my first road trip out west soon (crazy excited about it), so maybe I was subconsciously thinking there. But I'm thinking color in this one and I'm stoked about it. 

Anyway, this is the original sketch I came up with. I have found that I really enjoy finding my letters in the line work. I don't take exactly what I get from the line work, but it definitely helps in finding an interesting style for the text. 


Riley text



And this is the sketch on the board. Sorry if you can't see the pencil marks, but maybe it'll give an idea of what I'm trying to do. I think I want to pick up some spray paint and stencil out the images and block out the color. Then after filling the color, I'll either go in with a brush or paint pen and add in smaller details. 

I think I want spray paint that has some kind of shine after it dries. That way the shine of the image and the rawness of the wood will work together, maybe level one another out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment