Monday, April 14, 2014

WIP: Riley

So this is where I am at thus far with Riley. I decided to spray the entire board with a clear flat spray, hoping that would help in sealing it so that the spray paint wouldn't be absorbed by the wood. The spray paint I bought is all Krylon brand with gloss. 


I then tried to tape off the image in parts and spray paint it that way, which kind of worked. I don't have photos but i ended up making a huge mess. The sun turned out cool, but I was too impatient to wait for it to fully dry that I then started the next part of the board and completely screwed up the sun. 


So this is where Riley is at as of right now. I plan to go in an put in detail with black ink, however, this time I am letting it dry. Personal goal: not to touch it again until Wednesday. Due to my lack of patiences this turned into a combination on spray painting, finger painting, and actually painting. On the upside though, I actually really like the line work that I was able to put into the image, especially in the sun. I have to try and sand out some parts, but so far I'm actually kind of excited for this.



Close ups





No comments:

Post a Comment