Thursday, September 11, 2014

WIP: Seymour

Started this guy last night and somehow managed to finish it. Wasn't planning on getting that far, but I ended up just being sucked in. I'll post final photos soon! Sorry these photos are so rough, I was in my room last night with just bedroom lights. 

This board, Seymour, is for a friend. We've been talking about doing some kind of trade for awhile now, and he actually asked me about the board Ripper I finished a last week. That board is for another friend, so I told him I'd make him his own. He gave me the elements and this is what came out.

Elements:
Owl, Wolf, Snake, Eye Balls, Brain, and Rafflesia

Rough sketch of painting before I began painting. 


Getting to the color.



He had told me he wanted something that resembled an owl, that helped in deciding the background and form of the creature. The atmospheric space around is a little different than what I am use to doing, however, I am very happy with out it has turned out. The tree definitely looks better than I have anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment