Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Large Figure WIP 1


I am now attempting to build a much larger figure. The original idea was create the entire form out of foam, however, getting the material was becoming rather difficult. So I have decided to build it out of discarded materials. This is only the bottom piece. 




My original idea was to build the form up on a smaller base form and then create two layers over top. The problem is, now that I am building this out of mixed materials, I not sure how smoothly I can get the layers to lay on top of one another. I'm thinking I may just need to build one solid form, however, getting it out the door is my next issue. I have some old closet doors that are of no more use, and was thinking I could use one of those. The width of the door is smaller than the width of the doorframe I have to get piece through. I could then build the entire form on the door and slide it right out the door. Also, rather than being 8' tall, it would have to be about 6'7" I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. So maybe I'll just need to figure out how to create layers. Or at least two layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment