Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ink Drawing on Wood WIP


This is a new piece I've recently started. It is not for school, just something I started sketching awhile ago and decided to try and use for something.

Anyway, this is the wood piece I picked up. I found it at Michael's for 2.99. I was going to get one of those wood panels (roughly 8"x10") and it was going to be about 8 dollars. I found this in the wood sections and thought it would be way cooler.

At the time I thought I was going to be painting on it, so I put a thin coat of clear gesso over it and then sanded it down to try and smooth it out.


This si the original sketch I drew up about a month or so ago. I never finished the sketch. I originally planned on finishing it, however, different plans came up for what to do with it, and here I am now. 


This is after I first sketched the image out on the wood. I had already started inking some of it before I decided I should take a picture of the progress. 


And this is where I was at last night. I plan to continue with it and see where it goes from there. I'm not sure if something should be added into the background yet or not. I think I like the simplicity of the image on wood. 


However, I love the print of the pillow behind it. I am thinking about trying to build some kind of frame around it with the fabric holding in the back. I plan to continue working on the piece this afternoon and sketch up my ideas with the fabric frame.  

I am thus far rather happy with it. I am not sure what I plan to do with it after finishing the ink drawing. I thought about putting some kind of clear gloss over it to make it shine. But I like the plain-ness of the wood. 








No comments:

Post a Comment