Tuesday, April 30, 2013

WIP: Jeanette


The final stages!



I completed the drawing, however, I'm unsure it is too simple or if I should leave it. I really like how it looks in this top image. I feel as though the image and the fabric bring a complete element to the piece, yet the wood settles it.



This is my attempt at building a frame. I went to Joann Fabrics and bought a shadow box frame, foam, and fabric. I basically tossed the glass of the shadow box frame, flipped it over and cut the foam to size. I then cut the middle part for where the wood image would go. 


From there, I wrapped the entire thing in the fabric I bought. I stapled both the inside and the back to hold the fabric. I also glued the middle section down to help in keeping the frame together. 


Then lastly, I added the wood piece. I do not think it works as well as it did on the pillow. It looks suffocated in the frame, and I do not know how I feel about that. Maybe if the frame was bigger or if rather than existing in the frame it existed on top of... I'm not sure yet. The wooden piece is still removable and was not attached to the frame, so my options are still open.

No comments:

Post a Comment