Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beginning: Untitled

So I just recently ordered ten skate decks and I am so excited for them to get here so I can get to work. Till then I am trying to be sketching and working on other jobs. This is the sketch I have come up with for my next design. I have yet to name this one, but something will come up. 



I have a few things I am still debating about. 

1. should this design be carved or painted? I really feel like some vibrant color and heavy lines will make it pop. However, I really want to stain a board and carve it. I feel that with the symmetry it would be pretty cool as a carved piece. I guess technically I could do both, but that'll probably just get messy. I want to be sure to do whatever will enhance the design the best, so I'll keep my options open for now. I've got a few days till those boards come anyway.

and 2. Does this guy needs a body? Right now its just a head, but I'm pretty okay with that. I don't feel any real need to add a body to it. I tried some when sketching but I kind of just like it they way it is. Maybe throw in some more design effects within the ears but nothing extreme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment