Friday, May 16, 2014

WIP: Ralf

My boards finally came! Pretty stoked about it! I was hoping that when I ordered blank boards that, that would mean they were just the wood boards, however there is a clear coat of something to give it that shine. Which I guess (or I think anyway) I can work around it. I'll probably have to buy some kind of varnish and go over again once I'm finished. 

Anyway, I went out and bought some paint. I just got this Craft Smart Acrylic Gloss Paint. It was around $1.29 or something. Then I drew up my image and then started painting. Pretty simple.  


After I started painting, I was pretty bummed that the paint wasn't working as I had hoped. I thought it would have been thicker. Its kind of like nail polish, where you have to use a few layers in order to get full coverage. It isn't bad, but it isn't great either. 

You can clearly see that in the purple bubbles, but in Ralf, I was decently patient and gave him time to dry up some before adding more color. So he's fairly solid in color. 

Top half


Middle




No comments:

Post a Comment